Because they help support initiatives recognized as being of public interest, every donation to the NEOMA BS Foundation, of whatever form, is eligible for tax benefits.
Tax Advantages for Individuals
Tax reduction on income (IR)
Your tax can benefit is equal to 66% of your donation, and can be included in your taxable income up to a limit of 20%. Any sum over this limit can be carried forward for the next 5 years.
- With a donation of € 100, you invest € 66 of your tax in the School (actual cost of the donation: € 34)
To obtain a reduction in your 2016 income tax, you must donate between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.
N.B.: you cannot combine wealth and income tax benefits for the same donation. However, the same donation can be distributed between the two forms of taxation.
Reducing the solidarity tax on wealth (ISF)
Your tax benefit is equal to 75% of the amount of your donation, up to a ceiling of € 50,000 per year (the ceiling is reduced to € 45,000 in total in the case of a combination of donations with investments in an SME that are also eligible for a reduction in the solidarity tax on wealth.)
- With a donation of € 10,000, you invest € 7,500 in the school (actual cost of the donation: € 2,500)
Tax benefits for companies
Reduction of corporate income tax (IS)
As a company, your tax benefit is equal to 60% of the amount of your donation, the latter being included in your taxable income up to a maximum of 5 ‰ of your turnover for the year. Any sum over this limit can be carried forward for the next 5 fiscal periods, even if your result for a year is a loss.
The tax benefit also applies to gifts in kind or skills sponsorships.
Tax benefits for international donors
You live in Europe?
Since 2013, NEOMA Business School Foundation offers its European donors the possibility of exempting their donations from taxation. In order to make it easier for foundations to receive donations from the whole of Europe, and to enable such donations to be tax exemptible in the donor’s country of residence, the Fondation de France has signed agreements with 15 partner countries:
- Maecenata Stiftung in Germany (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Stiftung Philantropie Österreich in Austria (email@example.com)
- King Baudouin Foundation in Belgium (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bulgarian Charities Aid Foundation in Bulgaria (email@example.com)
- Europska zaklada za filantropiju i drustveni in Croatia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fondation Empresa y Sociedad in Spain (email@example.com)
- Carpathian Foundation in Hungary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Community Foundation for Ireland (email@example.com)
- Associazione VITA Giving Europe ONLUS in Italia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fondation de Luxembourg (email@example.com)
- Oranje Fonds in The Netherlands (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fundacja dla Polski (Foundation for Poland) (email@example.com)
- Fundacao Oriente in Portugal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Odorheiu Secuiesc Community Foundation in Romania (email@example.com)
- Charities Aid Foundation in the United Kingdom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Slovakia : email@example.com
- Slovenia : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swiss Philanthropy Foundation in Switzerland (email@example.com)
To find out more about international tax exemption and the partner countries, download the Transnational Giving Europe 2016 brochure.